Blogging is a valuable tool for financial advisors embracing the digital age, and there has been much ado about it. Yet it is rare for a blog to reach the point where it is driving significant business growth. This podcast, featuring special guest Michael Kitces, will start with the fundamentals of blogging and move into a discussion of the more sophisticated techniques that can help improve results. It’s an overall great slew of marketing tips from Michael Kitces the great industry sage.
For those of you who are new to my blog/podcast, my name is Sara. Currently, I am a CFA® charterholder and I used to be a financial advisor. I have a weekly newsletter in which I talk about financial advisor lead generation topics which is best described as “fun and irreverent.” So please subscribe!
Marketing tips from Michael Kitces
Listeners will learn:
- What the point of a blog should be vs. what many advisors see the point to be
- The problem (or solution) that giving away your ideas for free creates
- Why niche blogging works better
- Blogs on your own site vs. blog for somebody else (Investopedia, Forbes, etc.) -pros and cons of each approach
- What is wrong with your blog if you are getting cricket sounds instead of people responding when they read your blog
- Strategies to promote your own blog
- Whether keyword and SEO strategies are good for advisors to consider
- What to do if you get haters commenting on your blog
What’d ya think of these marketing tips from Michael Kitces? Was this helpful?
Learn what to say to prospects on social media messenger apps without sounding like a washing machine salesperson. This e-book contains 47 financial advisor LinkedIn messages, sequences, and scripts, and they are all two sentences or less.
You could also consider my financial advisor social media membership which teaches financial advisors how to get new clients and leads from LinkedIn.
Thanks for reading. I hope you’ll at least join my weekly newsletter about financial advisor lead generation.
See you in the next one!
Please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast!