Blogging is a valuable tool for financial advisors embracing the digital age, and there has been much ado about it. Yet it is rare for a blog to reach the point where it is driving significant business growth. This podcast, featuring special guest Michael Kitces, will start with the fundamentals of blogging and move into a discussion of the more sophisticated techniques that can help improve results.
Listeners will learn:
- What the point of a blog should be vs. what many advisors see the point to be
- The problem (or solution) that giving away your ideas for free creates
- Why niche blogging works better
- Blogs on your own site vs. blog for somebody else (Investopedia, Forbes, etc.) -pros and cons of each approach
- What is wrong with your blog if you are getting cricket sounds instead of people responding when they read your blog
- Strategies to promote your own blog
- Whether keyword and SEO strategies are good for advisors to consider
- What to do if you get haters commenting on your blog
Please subscribe, rate, and review this podcast!