In this blog I’ll tell you financial advisors how to rock a webinar and get new clients without boring everybody to death!
Getting the prospect’s attention is the big hurdle – but what happens when you have a meeting or a conversation with a prospect, and the deal falls flat? There are numerous ways to deal with this but in this blog I’m going to provide you with two non-blowoff-able ways for financial advisors to follow up with prospects.
For those of you who are new to my blog, my name is Sara. I am a CFA® charterholder and financial advisor marketing consultant. I have a newsletter in which I send you one actionable, practical marketing tip a day. Please sign up here!
Financial advisor webinars suck
Financial advisor webinars typically suck. Yes, nobody has the courage to tell you but that is what they are thinking. Dry, boring, and worst of all, sales-focused. Here’s how to rock your webinar and engage your audience.
Put your focus on the first 2-3 minutes of the webinar because it is the most important time in the whole show.
Stun them right away!
Hook them in for the rest of the webinar!
During this time period, people decide:
- How closely they are going to follow you
- If they are going to multi-task or not while you are talking
- If it’s likely they’ll ever do business with you
You have their full attention in the beginning – so say a brief intro and get on with the show!
- Don’t go on and on about your business
- Don’t pitch the “free consultation”
- Don’t read through lengthy bios or introductions
- Don’t blather on about the agenda for the webinar or how long it will take
- Don’t ramble about ho-hum concepts
The first 2-3 minutes should be your highest value content. The most powerful concepts should be presented with the maximum possible potency.
Other financial advisor webinar tips
Here are some other tips for rocking your financial adivsor webinar.
- No more than 7-10 slides including the disclaimer one at the end.
- Make sure the text is big enough and don’t clutter the slide with words.
- Stop every 10 minutes for questions.
If you aren’t doing webinars, try one this month! Just do it! Send me a note with your idea if you want my opinion.
Are you ready to rock like Mick Jagger?
Alright that’s all for now. I hope these financial advisor webinar tips were useful.
Did you sign up for my daily newsletter?
Or if you want more…
Learn what to say to prospects on social media messenger apps without sounding like a washing machine salesperson. This e-book contains 47 financial advisor LinkedIn messages, sequences, and scripts, and they are all two sentences or less.
You could also consider this LinkedIn training program which teaches financial advisors how to get new clients and leads from LinkedIn.
Thanks for reading. See you in the next one!